Ensuring the health and wellbeing of students, staff and the wider communities we serve, is of the upmost importance to EKC Group. That is why, given the current unprecedented situation as the UK battles coronavirus, we have decided to implement a range of measures aimed at lessening the risks posed by this new threat to public health.
We continue to follow the UK Government’s advice, and will continue to operate our Colleges as normal with no closures at present. However, we will be taking a number of measures to ensure we mitigate against transmission of the virus. These will include, but are not limited to:
- We have placed a moratorium on staff travel between sites to ensure that we are limiting the potential for the virus to travel;
- We have asked all staff to ensure they do not attend external meetings, to limit the possibility of transmission;
- We are asking that external visitors do not visit our College sites to ensure our facilities are contained as well as they can be while keeping them open to continue student learning;
- We are also taking the step of cancelling any external activity for students, such as work experience, social action and any trips they might have been planning to take domestically as part of their course. While we don’t want to disrupt their learning, we want to ensure we do everything within our power to protect their health, and during this period we feel this is a sensible measure to take;
- We are postponing all staff gatherings on site which have more than 25 colleagues in attendance, to ensure resilience within our staffing structures.
We continue to encourage all staff and students to maintain good hygiene practices such as hand washing, and we are also promoting Public Health England’s advice to our whole College community.
If you have any questions about these measures, please get in touch with our team by emailing email@example.com.